Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hybrid College Course


Aaron Noriega
Ms. Croker
ENG. 101
16APR13
Hybrid College Course
            Taking a “hybrid” course at Oxnard College can make life of a student easier or it could make a student drop or fail the course. A hybrid course at Oxnard College is a unique way to take a class or course via the internet and a one day a week in class portion with a the teacher. The course syllabi is conducted into half online via Desire2Learn (D2L); where work is turn in over the Internet and the other half is a once a week, two and half hour in class with a teacher.
            By taking this type of class during your college path it can be beneficial with somebody that has a full-time job and would like to take multiple courses in one semester. By doing so the student either has the choice to take more courses or will spend less time on campus and doing homework or other assignments more independently at home, work, or anywhere that has a internet connection to upload files.
            A bad situation that can happen to a student taking a hybrid class is that the once a week in class teacher time is just not enough time to obtain or learn the course objectives to graduate the class with a satisfactory grade. Also taking the online version of a class can be difficult at times when computers or Internet is not available to turn in your homework. Homework at times can seem overwhelming at times if you wait to the last minute to turn in your work online.
            This semester I’ve been taking two classes Math11 and English 101. Math I go on Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm to 9:15pm. For English I go on Wednesday at 6pm till 8:15pm and take the hybrid class due to work schedule.    

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the hybrid class being a good and bad thing, for me it's a good thing because i'm both full time student and worker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have taken a hybrid math class and I failed miserably. I have to have a teacher explain to me every step of the way because I am really bad at math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, this class is very beneficial to anyone that is works full time

    ReplyDelete